How to Measure
Please follow the measuring guidelines outlined below to ensure your glass inserts fit correctly. These measurements are also required to make a request for price quotation. Note: please allow for a + / - 1/16" cutting tolerance.For standard square and rectangular openings:
- Remove any old putty and/or stops and carefully measure the width of the rough opening of the window, cabinet or door where the cut-to-size glass will be placed
- Round down this measurement to the nearest sixteenth of an inch. For example...change 12 11/32" to 12 5/16".
- Now measure the height of the rough opening.
- As before, round down this measurement to the nearest sixteenth of an inch
- Lastly, deduct an additional 1/8" from the width and from the height measurements of the rough opening in your window, cabinet or door. For example, if the rough opening measures 14" x 24" - you would order a glass insert that is 13 7/8" x 23 7/8".
Important Note: We supply all cut-to-size glass with square corners unless otherwise instructed. Some window or door inserts may require rounded corners. Examine your window or door opening carefully to determine your requirement. Small "dime shape" corners cost slightly extra and must be specified at time of order. Larger rounded corners will require templates and are quoted on a per project basis.For arch top and special shape cabinet openings:
- You will need to create a template.
- Suggested tools and materials are: Design Vellum (drafter's tracing paper), a straight edge, scissors or razor knife, painter's tape or masking tape and a sharp pencil.
- Lay the frame or door face down on a flat, even surface. Cover the back of the frame or door with the Design Vellum and secure with painter's tape or masking tape in order to prevent the paper from moving during tracing.
- Carefully rub the side of the pencil against all edges of the opening being sure to get accurate impressions of the corners and any curve(s).
- Remove the paper from the frame or door and connect the corners using your straight edge and pencil. Write within the template border lines - "top" and "bottom" and "front" and "back".
- Cut out the template and place in the opening(s) to ensure accuracy. If more than one door is required, try the template in every opening to make sure it works for all.
Template cuts are custom orders and will be priced on a per order basis. Please send us your requirements for a prompt quotation by clicking here.Please call us at (800) 221-7379, Option 3 (9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST) for additional assistance.
We invite you to click here to begin your selection process. You can also contact us through our online form. We are at your service.